Monday, September 9, 2013

Charlotte's Bedroom Inspiration

My plan of attack with our new house is to take it one room at a time.
So far, my plan is working and I'm feeling a little more confident. I finished the teeniest bathroom in the house over the weekend, and I think I'm ready to tackle a larger project. Here's what I have in mind:

I've been scheming up a plan for Charlotte's room for quite some time now. I want something girly, yet something that will easily grow with her. Since her taste is fickle, the basic palette for her room is creams and golds, which are easy to work with. Then I'll throw in some purple, pink and turquoise to keep it interesting. 

Undoubtedly the biggest furniture score of my lifetime is my mom's old beds. She had the most darling set of wooden bed frames growing up; and they're now one of my most treasured belongings. I'm going to have one of them stripped and painted to match the Azure Jenny Lind nightstand. I can't wait to see it all come together. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Here's a little guide to the items I've pictured here in case you're curious:
Azure Jenny Lind Nightstand, The Land of Nod
Glow Lightly Table Lamp, The Land of Nod
Bazaar Bedding, The Land of Nod
Sunburst Mirror, The Land of Nod
Head in the Clouds Pillow, The Land of Nod
Metallic Pennant Garland, The Land of Nod
Triangle Garland, The Land of Nod
Heart of Gold Wall Shelf, The Land of Nod
Gold Sequin Bow Wreath, The Land of Nod
Mini Cloud Corkboards, The Land of Nod
The Pretty Owl illustration, Ashley Percival
Oscar Wilde Quote, the big lake
A Little Sparkle print, Amanda Catherine Designs
Sacre Couer print, Marisa Seguin Print Shop 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Love the ideas you have picked out! I can't wait to see how you have your new home all decorated.