Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

We lived in San Francisco a number of years ago when Bryce was in dental school. Our big splurge came in the form of a Friday night out to eat. I'd strap Hudson into his carseat in the backseat of my white Pontiac Sunfire coupe, pick Bryce up at school and we'd head downtown to Chipotle. We'd go all-out, ordering chips AND guacamole with our meal. We spent our date night chatting about our respective days, people-watching the art student crowd so plentiful in the neighborhood, and passing Baby Hudson back and forth so we could each get a bite every once in a while. This became our tradition for many Fridays. 


And to top off our evening, we'd either walk to Beard Papa's for a cream puff (which is a delicacy deserving a post all of its own), or we'd head over to the Tom's Cookies station at the mall. I almost always got the butterscotch oatmeal cookie; but the one with the giant Reese's peanut butter cup baked into the middle was a close second. After dental school, Tom passed away, and the shop closed. No trip to San Francisco has been the same for me since. When I get homesick for the City that stole my heart, I whip up a batch of my own Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies. They'll never be the same as Tom's, but they do bring back a lot of great memories.

If you'd like my recipe, I created a little printable recipe card just for you. 


Download my printable recipe card here.
Photobucket

No comments: