I don't want to give any of you the wrong impression...it's not rainbows and butterflies around here all the time. Or ever, for that matter. Most of the time I only share the pretty parts of my life here...the fun activities we do, or the completed projects I've been working on. In fact, I don't think I've ever shared us as we are...mess and all. Here's my confession: I do not have my act together. Not one bit. I'm probably the biggest disaster of a person I've ever encountered. So here's a little glimpse at a regular day around here:
Also noteworthy in this photo:
- It's 4 pm and Charlotte is wearing her pajama top. She refused to let me change her clothes, and I wasn't in the mood for a fight.
- Pretty sure she's not wearing pants, either. Just her Cinderella undies.
- Jeepers, I have a lot of freckles. And just ignore that shiny nose...I'm sure it's just the glare from the computer screen.
- I'm kind of proud of myself for dressing up my ponytail by wearing some earrings. You can't see them, but they're there. Promise.
- I'm pretty happy that my workspace looks kind of clean. Sad but true, this IS clean for my desk. Not only is this where I do my work, but my desk is also the dumping ground for everything nobody wants to deal with. (Stray game pieces? Go put 'em on Mom's desk...she'll know what to do. Bills? Mom's desk, of course. Extra buttons from that new shirt? Why, I think they'd look great on Mom's desk!)
And finally, let's take a peek in the master bedroom for a little game of I Spy. See if you can find the following:
- Unmade bed
- Open drawer. I didn't leave it that way, I swear.
- Overflowing laundry basket. How did that get in the middle of the floor, anyway?
- Hudson's tighty whities...clean, of course (I hope)
- A makeshift stuffed animal hospital. There was an epidemic that morning. Dr. Charlotte checked their hearts, then left them here to recover.
- Abandoned bassinet. Because sleeping with Mom is so much better.
- Random scattered objects. What are they? Coins? Magnets? No idea.
Well there you have it. I've successfully shattered any illusions you've had. Sorry for misleading you of so long. I'm just faking it till I make it. I'll probably never make it, but I'll keep pretending and I'll let you know if anything comes of it. :)
Have a great weekend!