Thursday, March 24, 2011

Espadrille Flats

Before I had kids, I bought a gaggle of heels--pumps, wedges, platforms, you name it. I deemed them practical; even going so far as to claim I could "totally wear them after I had kids." Right. Tally one up on the "words I'll eat someday" list.

Fast forward a few years: Toddler headed toward the street. Preschooler stuck on the monkey bars. Dropped soccer ball rolling down the hill. At any given moment, I'm prepared to break into a sprint. Thus the need for flats. Definitely don't want to eat it while I'm chasing down a get-away shopping cart.
{navy,  yellow, green, red, black}
For all of the above reasons, and simply because they're cute, I'm loving this season's flat espadrilles. Nautical, sensible, chic and comfortable. What more could a mom want? Besides a nap.

2 comments:

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Love the MK ones. So pretty with round toe.
Totally get your point though. Last year I came to that conclusion and bought 3 pairs of very pretty but flat sandals and lived in them. This year, as the kids are older I am thinking about venturing a 2-3" heel ones at least occasionally. We shall see if they work out.

Unknown said...

Yay for flats! As a tall person who cannot wear those towering wedges and heels even if I wanted to, I am so happy to see this little round-up! Plus I've always loved how comfy espidrilles are! I can see that you're probably the chicest mom in the neighborhood Christina!

xo Mary Jo