Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advent Calendar

"Mom! We forgot to leave carrots out for Rudolph!"
That's what Hudson says every night when I tuck him in. He's SO excited for Christmas. I think an advent calendar would come in handy for us. Since I have to have it done (like today) I'm opting for an easy version. But I'm all ready making plans for next year. Here's a quick round-up of my favorites (pssst--most of them have tutorials if you're in the same boat as I am):

he likes it, originally uploaded by nanaCompany.

Embroidered Felt, by Purl Bee
Baby Sock Advent, via Martha Stewart
Mittens, by Oliver + S
Magnetic Advent, by Twig & Thistle
I also love the idea of wrapping 25 different Christmas books and choosing one to unwrap and read each night. On the agenda for today: round up baby socks & find a good used book store. And make those snowflakes from yesterday.

Our snowflake-making was interrupted by a doctor's visit for baby C. She had a "learning-to-walk" injury which resulted in two black eyes. She's tough--and now she looks the part. Despite the setback, she's not giving up on the whole walking thing. 

3 comments:

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

These are so unique and cute. We have a crafty looking one as well but not this cute.

Wahzat Gayle said...

Sorry to hear about your sweetie... one of mine decided to walk off the bed and broke her fall with her face she had the WORST bump on her forehead (my husband was with her and was trying to stop her twin from falling and did n't get to her :( )
Her eye was black and blue as well.
Lovely advent calendars. Have to make some myself

Cherry Blossoms said...

They are all so adorable but I'm loving the sock one!