Hudson has been on a roll lately. He's got quite the way with words. Here are a few of the highlights:
- A week or two ago, H woke up with a fever. B tried to take his temperature, but he wouldn't keep the thermometer under his tongue. We gave him some Tylenol and sent him back to bed. His fever lasted through the night, and when I insisted on taking his temperature in the morning, he cooperated. I said, "See, that wasn't so bad. Why wouldn't you sit still for Daddy?" He replied, "I don't like it when Daddy fevers me."
- I've been trying to teach Hudson some basic table manners. The first on my list is that he must remain seated through the duration of the mea;l because he likes to get up and play during dinner. So I'm always saying, "Sit in your chair." One night after dinner, Hudson said, "Mom, did I forget my chair manners?"
- Another favorite: "Mom those ants are dead. Out of batteries."
- And just yesterday:
Me: "No you're not. You just ate lunch."
Hudson: "No! I'm starving for CANDY!"
- Hudson hopped in bed with me the other morning when he got up. He looked at my face for a while, then pointed to my freckles and said: "Oh no, Mom! The polka-dots are getting everywhere!"
- One night, I was working on the computer. Hudson snuck out of his room, carrying a bucket of balls. He jumped out and started throwing them at my head. When I asked what he was doing he said, "Mom, I'm just giving you a laugh."
Oh, and the picture above is from one of the more spectacular experiences of the week. I took Hudson to get his H1N1 shot. I'll spare you the details, but I will just say that it was a kicking, screaming good time. I'm really looking forward to the second dose next month.