Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tried + True: Blair from delight by design

I am so excited for this week's edition of Tried + True. Today's guest blogger is the fantastic Blair from delight by design. Not only does she have a great eye for style, but she's cute as a button, and one of the nicest people around. I'm sure you all read her blog, but if not, hop on over...you're missing out! And now, I give you Blair's Tried + True picks:




(1) For an instant pick-me-up, especially in the middle of winter, I depend on Caylpso Gardenia Fragrance to boost my mood. At first I thought it would be too overpowering, but it is a really subtle blend of gardenia, peach blossom and jasmine. One of my quirks is that I usually just put perfume on my ankles, theory being that it rises up and isn't as overwhelming.

(2) I was always a Kiehls Lip Balm fanatic, but the taste always bothered me; I was told that meant it was a good lip balm, so I just dealt with it. However, the lemon scented lip balm from Jack Black is super moisturizing and smells like lemon bars, all with no icky taste.

(3) I don't use hair products often, as I have very fine hair and they always seem to weigh it down. The only product that I have come across that actually adds shine without the product residue is Bumble and Bumble Tonic.

(4) I have really bad under eye circles and this Photogenic Concealer from Lancome is super lightweight and covers them brilliantly! I always love products that don't make you look like you are wearing makeup.

(5) Kiehls Abyssine Serum works wonders! It took about three days of use and my skin was honestly softer and smoother!

(6) My go-to daily lipstick is this creamy sweet pea color from Chantecaille. It is much moister than many lipsticks I have used and I think it is a very flattering and easy-to-wear color.

(7) I discovered Natura Shea Butter after it was used by a masseuse at the Four Seasons and fell in love with the fragrance (especially peppermint) and the fact that it actually made my feet soft! It is pretty heavy and definitley on the greasy side but it absorbs quickly and does wonders for hands and feet!


Thank you, Blair for such a wonderful list! So many of them are new to me. It's great to have product reccommendations from a trusted friend. And I'm sure, those of you who visit her blog every day consider her just that. Now if only I could decide which to try first! If you're new around here, check out the rest of the Tried + True series here.

6 comments:

Miss | A said...

so fun to read! LOVE HER TOO.

paula said...

great list. Blair is quite fabulous.

Blair Friedeman said...

Thank you so much for including me in this series!! Your sweet comments definitley made me blush:)Hope you are having a great day!

Rachel Follett said...

This is great! I love Blair!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I think Blair and I must have similar taste in products--I love chantecaille lipstick and HATE the taste of kiehls lipbalm too. I'm loving this series---and Blair and Chris too, of course :)

Courtney said...

What a great interview, and what you said about Blair is so true! Now I can't wait to try that concealer.