Wednesday, February 4, 2009

There ya have it.

I've been hearing requests for a while now to reveal the "real" me. I've been hiding behind the mask of this cool painting that the amazing Rachel did for us. Mostly I've been hiding because I'm usually the one taking the photos, so I don't have many decent pictures of myself. OK, and because I'm insecure.
Anyhow, I know there are a lot of you who are new to my blog. I just want to say thanks for stopping by. And please don't be shy. I love to hear from you! I'm so glad you're spending some of your blog time with me. Since there are some new faces around here, I thought it would be an appropriate time for me to re-introduce myself. But I'm all ready feeling squeemish just thinking about writing about myself. So hurry and read this post before I regret my decision and delete it.

I've been married to my amazing husband for six years. He makes me laugh everyday. We have an energetic three-year-old named H.
Up until last summer, we lived in San Francisco. Now B is doing an OMFS residency and we moved a tiny bit to the east. He doesn't like it much when I mention his work, so I'll leave it at that...being that he secretly reads my blog everyday! (Love you, Honey.) I'm originally from the cutest, most wonderful small town. But I'm a city girl at heart.

In my pre-mommy years, I worked as a dance-teacher and choreographer for a performing company. I also spent several years working in the accessories world--thus my love for sunglasses and handbags. I got my degree in English, with two areas of emphasis: British Literature and editing (but I do reserve the right to make grammar and spelling errors on this blog). I love reading, cooking, interior design, shoes, and spending as much time as I can with my guys. Oh, I have an etsy shop filled with stationery; and I like to re-finish vintage furniture in my free time.

Well, my gag reflex is kicking in from talking about myself so much. But I hope that you feel like you know me a little better--and I hope you keep coming back to visit often!

7 comments:

inkWELL Press said...

I love that picture of you and your son at the beach - I hope you have that framed because it just really captures so much joy. I am a fan of the candid shots, but never seem to as many as I'd like. That's a great one.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic you and your son! It looks like it captured a wonderful moment!

Bekah said...

I love reading your blog and this insight into you is fabulous. You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

I love this little sneak peak! What a gorgeous couple you are--and of course the beach play photo is a classic!

Miss | A said...

OMG- You are so cute! Insecure about what?! Thank you so much for sharing all this fun stuff! XOXO

Rachel Follett said...

You have nothing to be insecure about. You are so pretty! It's great to get to know you more. You also have the right to make up words as my English major fiance would say. :)

PS~Erin said...

I love this post! So honest and so much how I've been feeling about entering the world of blogging... big fun but way out of my comfort zone... Working on that. Way to go for stepping out and sharing yourself. (Oh, and you are as cute as they come! Beautiful family, you have there.)