Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm Working With a Stripper

A paint stripper, that is. I've officially begun working on the facelift of my flea market find. I've taken off the knobs, stripped the paint off the door, hinges, and the drawer. Under all those layers of icky blue (and yellow, and white) paint, I found the cutest little old hinges. I'm keeping them just the way they are.


Here's my before shot:
I love the chunky lines and the height. It's going to look perfect as an end table/lamp table for our family room, and will provide a bit of extra storage. At this stage, I'm planning on painting it a bright, reddish-orange (like a shiny new pedicure) and adding these knobs. We'll see how it goes...I've still got a lot of work to do, and my plans could change entirely by the time I get to the painting part. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: