Friday, September 19, 2008

John W. Golden


I know I've been a little heavy on the artwork this week, but I'm so excited about this one I think my head might explode.

I started my search yesterday for some cool artwork for The Boy's bedroom and bathroom. Finding artwork for boys is hard...at least for me. I'm pretty particular--I wanted something that he would be able to enjoy now, and when he gets older. I didn't want anything to baby-ish, or too sweet. So I started my search on Etsy, of course, and I'm so excited about what I found. Clearly, I'm not the first person to find artist John W. Golden. I've seen his By Order of the Management signs on the front page before, and loved them. But when I found his shop I was blown away (still am) at his amazing work; and it's all spot-on perfect what I'd dreamed of for My Boy's room.

John W. Golden is an artist who began his career as a professional artist at the age of 11. He has done work for Nickelodeon, Cartoon Netowrk, HGTV, Animal Planet, TBS, and TNT...among other major networks. In May of last year John started selling his artwork full time for his living. It is so hard for me to choose which I like the best; that's really the only reason I haven't made my purchase yet. I think all his stuff is so awesome, I'm really in a dither about what to pick. Without further delay, please enjoy some of John's artwork:


Motoretta Series Scooter Print

Brush Your Teeth

And of course, being the wife of a dentist, we're definitely getting this one. I think Daddy would approve.

The pieces I've featured here are only a slight few of my favorites. Definitely visit John's Etsy Shop for more cool, dude-friendly artwork. Read his blog to see what's going on with John and his artwork. Also, check out Mot and Dot, the shop John and his wife have for cute, customizable kids artwork.

2 comments:

Shanana said...

I LOVE the "Brush your teeth" print, but it was sold out! Bummer!

christina said...

Hey Shana,
There's one more in his shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14989607
It's strange how you dental professionals all think alike. :)