Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surprise

I opened the front door yesterday to find an unexpected package. What a wonderful surprise! Even better is that it was from my dear friend, Katherine. It was wrapped in the most darling black and white striped paper an tied with a big, beautiful black satin ribbon. And inside I found this book:

It's filled with beautiful pictures and wonderful ideas on how to design kid-friendly spaces in your home. I'm so excited to use some of these fantastic ideas in my new home.

Now a little about Katherine. Katherine was the very first customer in my shop. Since that day, she has been so positive, helpful, and truly inspiring to me. She is a photographer by trade. And she's a mother of three (with another on the way--hip, hip, hooray!) AND she held it together for an entire year while her husband was serving in Iraq! She is one remarkable woman. She taught me how to take better photos for my shop (something I'm still working on), she's always got fantastic ideas for new projects, and she is the most thoughtful person I know. We've been friends now for almost a year, and I can only hope that I can be as good a friend to her as she's been to me. Thank You, Etsy, for helping me find such a wonderful friend.

No comments: