Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Lamp List

Recently I noticed how all but one of our lamps are in horrible shape. There are the wobbly ones, the crooked ones, the one that's missing the on/off switch, and the one that turns on randomly whenever it gets bumped. Most likely these fine specimens will not be making the big move with us.

1. Anthropologie, 2. The Land of Nod 3. 4 Chairs Furniture 4. Crate and Barrel 5. Anthropologie
I don't know what it is about lamp shopping, but it totally stresses me out. Good lighting is expensive; and  ugly lamps are abundant. When I need a new lamp, I need it right this second. So I run down to Target, stand there for an hour staring at the options, paralyzed with fear that I'm going to choose the wrong one. I eventually give up and grab the cheapest one because I can't handle the pressure anymore. Then that cheap lamp eventually goes wobbly, or shorts out and I'm right back where I started. It's a vicious cycle. My new Lamp List is how I decided to take control of my lamp-shopping phobia. The next time I'm in the market for a new lamp, I'll know exactly where to start looking.


And don't even get me started on hanging lights. I'm hyperventilating just thinking about the day we own a home and I have to choose hanging lighting. But when that day comes, I'm sure I'll have plenty of options added to my trusty lighting pinboard.
1. Layla Grace, 2. Layla Grace, 3. Lamps Plus, 4. 4 Chairs Furniture, 5. Wayfair

Now that we've examined my fear of lighting, what are your design phobias?

Photobucket

1 comment:

km said...

I'm afraid of everything except for decorating KIDDO rooms-- like playrooms and baby rooms... anything ADULT scares me. I can't wait to see your NEW HOUSE!!! when are you moving? :):)