Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Color Crush: Primaries

Mentally, I'm living two months in the future, and decorating our new home. It's my coping mechanism since I'm bobbing in a sea of boxes, bubble wrap and checklists. I spend my quiet time gawking at houzz.com and dreaming up ideas for the new place. I forgot how much I love interior design.

I've noticed a lot of fun interiors lately making great use of primary colors. Here are a few of my favorites:
Grace Home Design eclectic living room

The mustard yellow, rusty red and dark blue make this room look sophisticated and energetic at the same time.

Betsy Burnham eclectic bedroom

I love the mustard, turquoise and orangey red paired with Asian accents. I think this would be a perfect guest bedroom.


Violets Nursery contemporary kids

Slate blue walls + crisp white, yellow and red accents = adorable gender-neutral nursery. This would also make a great color scheme for a boy/girl shared bedroom.


Oliver Street traditional kitchen

For those skeptics among us who think primary colors are reminiscent of a kindergarten classroom, try a cheerful runner for a smaller dose of color.

P.S. All photos are linked directly to their pages on houzz.com.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments: