I made a bunch of these mummy cards last Halloween, and they were so quick and easy I thought it would be the perfect tutorial to share with you. Halloween is BIG at our house. Both kids love the holiday, and Charlotte was lucky enough to be born on Halloween night. The kids can't wait to decorate the house. But I have issues with decorating before October 1st. So I thought I'd distract them with some little mummy friends.
I'm sure there are a million different tutorials for similar cards. I've never looked, but it wouldn't surprise me. This is how I make them.
- 1 colored card, A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") I just cut my own out of a larger piece of card stock
- Flat white card stock (size 3.75" x 5") This is what you glue your mummy onto, then you glue the whole thing to the colored paper.
- White paper strips (roughly 1" x 5-6") I just use scraps from old projects
- 2 White circles (1.5" diameter)
- 2 Black circles (1" diameter)
- Extra colored card stock to match your folded card. You won't need much.
- Glue. My favorite for paper crafts is zip dry
- brown ink pad
Step 3: Glue the eyeballs onto the scrap of colored card stock
Step 4: Cut around the colored paper. Leave just a small border. Doesn't have to be perfect. It just helps the eyes stand out from the bandages.