Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Couple Projects

I'm starting to feel the beginning stages of blog burnout again. It's a cycle with me. Do any of you go through that? Anyhow, I spent last night working on some projects I've been putting off instead of stressing over what to post about this morning. Here are my finished products:

I've been wanting to make this necklace since I saw it in the January issue of BeadStyle. They had a super easy tutorial. You can pick up a copy of the issue here if you want it. I made one for my sister-in-law a couple months ago, and last night I finally finished making one for my mom and my sister. And one for me, of course. ;)

Just a simple little bracelet. Each silver disc is actually embossed to look like a coin. I love the way it sounds when I move my wrist. Speaking of wrists, have you ever tried taking a photo of your own wrist while wearing a bracelet? It's not easy. Or maybe I just have ugly wrists. Hence the reason for the blue cup sporting my bracelet.


When I discovered that my wrist wasn't a good display technique, I ran back downstairs to grab the blue cup and this is what I found. Proud as can be, plucking each flower from the vase and sniffing it thoroughly. It really is a full-time job these days to keep her off the table. And out of the toilet. Good thing she's cute.

Now I'm off to prepare for today's piƱata play date. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Mia said...

It is amazing how cathartic a personal "just because I want to, not because I need to" project can be to your creative psyche!

And I love the necklace. I just may need to pick up that magazine... :)

km said...

SO AWESOME!!!!!