Monday, January 31, 2011

Colors of Chinatown

B was sick over the weekend. In order to get the kids out of the house so he could rest, I took them over to the Chinese New Year mini parade and flower fair. I normally don't frequent Chinatown. Too crowded, and too touristy. But I do love all the colors there. And apparently I have a thing for photographing brick walls. :)



Every booth we'd been to had fresh flowers. So I was totally impressed with this colorful arrangement. Until I realized it was fake. And I loved this orange wall. The graffiti probably says something horrible, but I can't quite decipher it. :)


Taking a little slinky break. More fake flowers...What can I say? I guess I'm a sucker for the fake ones. I kept seeing people walking around with gorgeous peonies and cherry blossoms (both real). So I just assumed this booth was where they were coming from. Wrong. But very colorful, at least. 

One more brick wall. It looks like I put two photos together, but they're actually side by side buildings. Love the color combination. 

I've purposely started taking my camera with me when we're out and about. It's kind of fun noticing the little details I'd otherwise miss. Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

km said...

LOVE THE COLOR COMBOS! So much ENERGY!!! Isn't it amazing what we SEE when we really start looking... I need to take my camera out more. :):)