Tuesday, July 28, 2009

{Handmade} Christmas in July


First off, let me start by saying that I hate the phrase "Christmas in July." I think the first time I ever heard it was a bad Hey Dude episode from my adolescence. I thought it was stupid then, and I still feel the same.

Anyway, every year I promise myself I'll start my holiday projects early; and every year, I'm scrambling at the last minute. So this being the last week in July, I thought there's no better time to round up my favorite projects--some I've done, and others I want to do--as part of my new {Handmade} Christmas in July series. Hopefully it will inspire you (and especially me) to get some projects going early this year. Even if you don't do these projects specifically for the holidays, it's always nice to have some handmade gifts on hand so you're ready for birthdays or baby showers. So stay tuned the rest of the week for simple, fun projects to give (or make for yourself)!

photo here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude!?!? I totally forgot about that show but it was positively my FAVOURITE back in the day! And I especially loved when the main male lead appeared as Vinnie on Blossom.

Good times! I wonder if there are any Hey Dude episodes floating around on youtube...