Tuesday, July 28, 2009

{Handmade} Christmas in July: For the Jewelry-Lover

I made this simple, easy turquoise necklace this summer, and it's been a go-to piece for me ever since. Here's how:
1. Pick up some Turquoise Nuggets. I only needed one strand for this necklace.
2. String them onto some flexible beading wire. Make sure to give yourself enough room on each end to finish it off.
3. Add a round silver bead or two (depending on the desired length) to each end.
4. Finish it off with a crimp tube on each end and a toggle clasp.
5. Now you're ready to give (or wear) your new turquoise necklace.

See, here I am wearing mine on the 4th of July:

I've actually worn it dozens of times, and it still hasn't fallen apart! Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can!

3 comments:

Miss | A said...

wow. lovely, lovely! GREAT JOB.

Jill GG said...

what a great idea... to start so early! easy on you and your budget to stretch it out! I should really take this to heart.

love the necklace too!

Emily Reese said...

My bracelet you made is wearing very well, I have really enjoyed it. Em