Monday, July 13, 2009

Black and White

Sometimes I crave the simplicity and boldness of black and white. But I may just be too big a chicken to acutally try it. For now, I'll settle on admiring these rooms from a distance.


I stashed this photo from Sköna hem long ago; everytime I see it my heart skips a beat.




So many fun b+w elements here. From the lamp to the textiles, I think this one's a winner.
photo from House Beautiful


First off, this bedding is gorgeous; but I also love the windows, ceilings and the built-in book cases.
Photo from House Beautiful




Since I'm just a black & white beginer, I think I could scrape together enough courage to try a shiny black handrail on the bannister. Isn't this stunning?
Photo from Sköna hem

6 comments:

down and out chic said...

black and white is kind of intimidating for me...it's so classy. i like the room with "cow" skin on the floor.

Patricia Torres said...

wow... all the pics look nice.. but the bedroom pic is simply amazing!!

ms. less is always more said...

I just love the look of black and white lately... I am thinking of trying to implement that design scheme in my house, doesn't it seem like an easy way to decorate... all you have to do is answer one question: will it be black OR white?

Amy said...

That is a great looking banister - you should definitely paint yours like it!

Kotori said...

I agree that b&w can be intimidating... it seems so formal, but these images make it seem more doable (of course I not much for too much white with 2 kids running around this house!)

Rachel Follett said...

Beautiful inspiration! I love the contrast and timeless appeal about a black and white space.