Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting Crafty with Chalkboards

I'm sure the merits of chalkboard paint have been discussed broadly here in blogworld. But really, who doesn't love the idea of a chalkboard wall, or table, or door? I, for one, am a major chalkboard geek...but it's time to think a little more off-the-wall, with your chalkboards. Here are a bunch of great, easy summer craft ideas. Just grab yourself a bucket of chalkboard paint, and get started!


Chalkboard candles can hold messages ranging from functional to romantic...just imagine the possibilities.
{image via staged4more}



On my next outing to the flea market, I'll be looking for cute vintage bake ware and plates that I can spiff up into little mini chalkboards.





What to with one lonely, yellow plate? Turn it into a hanging chalkboard, of course!
Or just buy this one from etsy seller littlepaperhome.



These napkin rings double as place cards, too!
Make some for yourself, or buy them from the etsy shop 2hoots.


A chalkboard globe may just be the perfect addition to any teenage boy's room.
{Tutorial and photo via Make}

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Christina said...

i love the idea of chalkboard plates. i might need to steal it. thank you!!!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, love the napkin rings idea!

Rachel Follett said...

These are great! I recently came across a fridge with a chalkboard and I really like that idea as well. So clever!

Katherine Marie! said...

I love your chalkboard ideas! I've been chalkboard obsessed for months now... I can't get enough!!!!! I so want to make that globe.