Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tried + True {Michelle from Design Evolution}

Michelle from Design Evolution was one of my first blog friends. I feel so honored that she would take the time to contribute to my Tried + True series. Michelle is the epitome of good taste and ladylike class. Reading her blog is like being friends with that girl who's got her act together all the time. I was even more excited when Michelle told me that she's pretty low-maintenance. She's beautiful and down to earth. It doesn't get any better than that.

I was so excited when Christina asked me to contribute to her Tried + True series because I love reading the posts other bloggers have contributed. I had to rack my brain a bit because my beauty routine is pretty low maintenance. These are some of my favorites in my medicine cabinet:


I’m pretty much in love with every thing Fresh does; I’m a sucker for their beautifully simple packaging and products made from unexpected ingredients. The one item I go back to time and time again is the Sugar Lemon Eau de Parfum. The scent is so fresh and light (and yummy). It’s not an overpowering scent but I always get compliments when I’m wearing it. I’m intrigued by some of Fresh’s new scents like Fig Apricot and Sugar Lychee but I’m not sure I’m ready to give up my signature scent.



I used to use this cleanser religiously and loved it. It’s completely non-abrasive but leaves skin incredibly soft without a trace of makeup. I have adult acne and I curse the days when I was 17 and complained about a few stray pimples on my forehead. If only I appreciated what great skin I actually had then. I was swayed away from using this product by the Proactiv infomercials but this is the only stuff that really keeps my skin in check. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m ordering myself a new bottle asap.


Supernatural is the perfect name for this stuff. It makes your skin feel incredibly smooth and creates a great base before applying foundation. The best part is that it’s lightly tinted and contains SPF so you can wear it alone when you’re not in the mood to be totally made up. It will provide only sheer coverage but it does help to even everything out.




I just started using this foundation (there was a Revlon sale at CVS so I thought I would give it a shot) and I really like it. I usually have an issue when applying foundation because apparently my forehead is a different color then my cheeks. I work outside in the Spring and Summer so I guess my forehead and nose get more sun then the rest of my face. This product is so great because I can apply a slightly darker shade to those areas but it still blends together seamlessly.



I carry this classic tin where ever I go. I have a few of them stashed in different bags and my desk at work. As much as I love color on my lips I usually can’t be bothered with the effort. This keeps my lips soft and I love the minty tingle. It’s even great during allergy season. I dab a little on my poor over blown nose. It moisturizes and the mint works kind of like the menthol in Vicks.

Thanks, Michelle. I knew your list would be as fantastic as you are. I'm starting to see a problem with my series. I'm such a product junkie that hearing all these great things about so many wonderful products makes me want them all. What's a girl to do?

2 comments:

Christina said...

oh my goodness, i've never heard of 'supernatural' but it would be perfect (after using the purity cleanser of course). thanks for the tips!

Unknown said...

This post was waaaay too nice. Thank you so much for the kind words, I had fun putting this together :)