Monday, May 4, 2009

Random Tidbits


I'm working on a project for a good friend today (the deadline is tomorrow--eek!) so I really need to clear my head and focus. So perhaps I'll purge everything here so I can stop thinking and start working. Since these posts can get a bit wordy, I've highlighted the main points just in case you'd rather skim through this one. :)
  • I need to mention that I'm taking the month of June off. "Off" meaning that I won't be doing any custom work in my shop. B has the month off and I'm going to take advantage of every second I can spend with my little family. So if you can think of any paper-good needs you'll have between now and June 30, please let me know soon.
  • Speaking of B, I never cease to be impressed with this man. Last week was absolutely insane for him. I think I slept more in one night than he slept all week. He was on call (and really busy) all weekend. Even though he had every reason to just want a nap, when he wasn't working he spent his time with us and was still an amazingly delightful person to be around. I really don't know how he does it. I need to be more like him.
  • One thing I learned last week: It's OK to call for backup. Usually I'm the one begging for help. It made me so happy to know that people I love will ask me for help when they need it. Saturday morning, I made dessert for 100; to help out a much-loved family member who often feeds large crowds. And today I'm finishing up some PTA invitations for a dear friend who just needs a break.
  • On the baby front: H has named the baby "Bubble." And somehow, we've all inadvertently adopted the nickname. I think both B and myself referred to Baby as "Bubble" at least once this weekend. Poor kid.
  • Oh, and Tried + True returns tomorrow! Come back...it's a good one.

I think that's it. This weekend was pretty crazy, but it was such a good reminder for me. You only get out of a relationship what you're willing to put into it. I have so many great people in my life, and I hope I can show them the same kind of love and kindness that I'm given on a daily basis.

OK, enough of my self-indulgent ramblings. How was your weekend?

{photo here}

4 comments:

Christina said...

oh "bubble" is so cute. we called or niece p-nut and i still want to call her that! i always forget that we both have b's in our lives. how fun.

Rachel Follett said...

Great tips! Love your new look!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, I love your ramblings:)Glad that you are going to take June off and how sweet of you to help your friends!!

Unknown said...

i think bubble is a great name and somehow think this little person will grow into loving the nick-name if it sticks. love your new blog look too btw, i missed stopping by-the past few weeks were nuts but hopefully things will calm down a bit.

xo