Friday, November 21, 2008

Gift Guide: Here's one for the Kids

To get you in the gift-giving spirit of the season, I'll be sharing some gift ideas throughout the days and weeks to come.

This first idea is the one I'm the most excited about. I've been planning this for months. All the kids on my list are getting craft kits. The one above, from Land of Nod, is what gave me the idea. I'm going to re-create their art jar for my niece and nephews. {I wish I had come up with the idea myself, but I'm not that inventive.}

It's going to be filled with pom poms, pipe cleaners, clay, foam sheets, buttons, giltter, glue, scissors, tape, popsicle sticks, construction paper, foam shapes, googly eyes, watercolors, fingerpaints, and all those other things that make craft time so much fun. And of course, I'll include a cute craft apron. I never have all the craft supplies I need when we need to make, say, pinecone creatures. And the last thing Hudson wants to do is hop in the car for a google-eye run. So by putting it all in one place, craft time just became infinitely easier. Plus one of my sisters-in-law just moved to Russia, so this gift will hopefully spare her the ordeal of searching for pipe cleaners at the market.

{photos from here and here}


P.S. To Amy & Hilary: sorry to spoil the surprise of what your kids are getting for Christmas, but I'm too excited about it. And I'm horrible at keeping secrets. ;)

No comments: