Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dear Hudson

My Little One, I am just now learning exactly what a miracle you are in my life. When you were tiny I would stare at you, in awe of your dimpled little fingers, your sweet chubby cheeks, and your innocent little face. I knew all babies were miracles of some sort. But now that I'm learning more about myself, I'm finally seeing you as the miracle that you truly are. You will be a wonderful big brother someday. I just don't know when that day will be.

You came to us so easily; and in the craziest of times. Your character and intensity have kept me on my toes; and have taken me, on occasion, to my wits' end. And then your laughter melts my heart. Just yesterday, you put your hands on my cheeks and said, "Mommy, you make my heart feel happy." Well, My Dear, I can't say it any better. You make my heart feel happy. I will feel forever blessed to have you in my life. You are my little charismatic, mischevious miracle. I adore you. I promise to always try to make your heart feel happy. I love you, Buddy.

5 comments:

off switch said...

i was up late working on a paper and noticed you had posted. i'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties having another baby. i pray it all works out - and what you wrote about your son is so beautiful. :)

Ann said...

I hope you get another babe soon, so there are more happy hearts. I changed my blog name to www.fistfulofdaisies.blogspot.com, so stay in touch.

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

I know how you feel. It seems little ones have a completely different timeline than we do! Just promise me you will cherish the one you have!

Emily Reese said...

I love your words and thinking of you. Emily

Chelle and Aaron said...

I am with you in the baby struggle. Let me know if you ever need to vent. I am glad that you have Hudson to enjoy while you are waiting.