Monday, October 27, 2008

I can't believe it.

I'm still in shock over what just happened. I just finished taping an interview for ABC7 news. They're doing a story on stay-at-home-moms who make money from their hobbies. I'm still not sure why they picked me. There are so many talented women out there. I'm incredibly flattered, {I'm still blushing} and so excited to have the opportunity.

My weekend was a whirlwind of preparations; I attempted to whip myself and my studio into presentable condition. Here's what I came up with: (Oh, and sorry for the poor lighting, these photos were taken really early this morning).

I prettied-up my studio a bit. It's definitely does not look like this from day-to day. If only I could keep it this neat-looking.


Hudson helped me by doing some paintings for the walls. I love having a place to display his masterpieces. And the other half of the loft is his playroom, so it works perfectly. I also got two big jars for crayons and paints, and Hudson got his much-loved new piggy bank. He likes to carry "Piggy" around the house with him.

Here I am just before the interview. I decided to go kind of casual...that's who I really am, anyway. So I went with the cute leaf sweater from Anthropologie. I was really nervous, but Amy Hollyfield and her camera man were so nice and easy to talk to. Hopefully they'll be generous in their editing and I won't sound like a huge, bumbling idiot! My segment is set to air sometime this week. I'll post a link when it's available. {Unless I'm too embarrassed}
Well, my proverbial 15 minutes are up now, so it's back to regular life. Now we're off to Hudson's preschool for a Halloween party. Have a great Monday.

11 comments:

JaKell and Brandon said...

Congrats thats exciting. Glad it all went well~

off switch said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the segment.

Hilary said...

You are AMAZING. You look great, your place looks great. I love it all.

Hilary said...

And I'm excited to be related to the NOW famous Christina Williams- that's so exciting.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing the link. Your work space is beautiful.

twiddlestix said...

Wow! That's pretty fun! Congratulaitons! Your craft room looks fabulous...it's hard to keep it that way isn't it? (For me it is anyway!)

Sandra Williams said...

that is the coolest thing! You MUST share with us. I am sure you were great! By the way, your studio looks AMAZING!

Emily Reese said...

Sounds like it went VERY well. You looked fantastic. Em

Liz said...

You look grea and I am sure you id well. IF the story airs online let us know so we can see it.
That is great..
Liz

Ann said...

You are impressive--how exciting!

Addi said...

WOW! You are famous. Why did you leave this little piece of news out when I saw you today?!?