Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Recap

{Berkeley Farmer's Market Image from NY Times}


My brain's feeling a little fried this morning after our busy weekend. But everything went much better than anticipated. We spent Saturday morning in Berkeley where Hudson played at Habitot for a couple hours. Then we walked over to the Farmer's Market, where we scored the following: two cups of fresh-brewed root beer, six asian pears, fresh salsa and corn tortillas, a really really good chocolate cookie, and one of those $1 newspapers that homelss people sell.


{Prickly Heat image from Grocery Thai}

From there, we hit up the Thai market, where Hudson pretended to drive the tuk tuk, and Bryce scored his much sought-after Prickly Heat Powder. I got another migraine on the way home, so I had to lay down until my meds kicked in, then it was back to work on our talks.



Sunday after Church, we went to the Anesthesia Picnic. (Yes, that's what they really called it). I think I may have been the only person who saw the humor in this. It was fun to go to a real picnic with real picnic games: potato sack races, three legged race, egg toss, horeshoes, bingo. I may also be the only one who thought it was funny that they played bingo with discarded vile caps (from the liquid meds used for IVs). I guess the anesthesia department is doing their part to recycle, too.


Then it was off to give our talks. I'm so relieved that it's over. But it went well, and we were able to keep them laughing, and get our message across. So that's that. Now we're (hopefully) just going to have a normal week. I've got a couple other posts lined up for you today, much less wordy...so thanks for stickin' through my last couple lengthy posts. Have a great week!

No comments: