Monday, September 8, 2008

Thanks, but I'd rather not smell like a pizza.


I was so excited when I found this Clean Well natural hand sanitizer. It's the perfect size for a diaper bag. And I love the idea of spray instead of gooey gel hand sanitizer. Plus, it's made with natural ingredients, doesn't include alcohol and is safe for kids. Sounds great, right? Well, the "citrus herb" scent is a little heavy on the herb side, that herb smelling very reminiscent of oregano. We tried it out, and every so often I'd catch a whiff of a pizza scent coming from my hands. Maybe my olfactory receptors are misfiring or something. To me, the smell of pizza doesn't exactly scream, "Hey, clean, sanitary hands here!"
I'm really hoping that they come out with a new scent, because I love the idea.
Update: I just tried it again. And I take it back, well...sort of. It still smells like oregano at first, but then eventually it kind of goes away. I'm going to keep using it because it's so convenient and the pros definitely outweigh the scent. So that's that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is kinda' strange.

Good luck de-pizza-fying your hands.