Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Powerballs

I found this recipe for "powerballs" in Wondertime Magazine. It's kind of like a cross between trail mix granola bars and cookie dough. They're made from peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, ground flax, and then whatever fun ingredients you'd like to add...so make it as healthy (or not) as you'd like. We used sunflower seeds, cranberries and chocolate chips. I bet it would be extra yummy with mini m&m's and crushed peanuts. We used this as our little "educational activity" for the day. The Boy had so much fun helping me measure all the ingredients, and sneaking chocolate chips when I wasn't looking.


We put them in individual mini-cupcake papers, just because I thought they were cute. Because of the papers, The Boy calls them cupcakes. Maybe he thinks anything in cupcake papers is yummy. {Note to self: put peas and carrots in cupcake papers at dinnertime.} Do you think he'll fall for it? It's worth a shot.

I couldn't find the recipe on their website, so if you need this recipe, just email me and I'll send it your way.

P.S. I bet you can't guess who picked out his own outfit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you email us this recipe? They look like tasty (and healthy) little snacks.

Thanks!