Monday, August 11, 2008

New {old} Toys

Back to Basics Toys is my favorite source for classic toys. Their motto is "They Do Make Them Like They Used To!" And it's true. These toys look just like the toys my grandparents had in their toy drawer for us.
I'm pretty sure My Boy will be getting a Junior Tinker Toy Building Set for Christmas this year. As far as I'm concerned, Tinker Toys should be a part of every childhood. They also have the classic Jumbo Tin, if you're looking for something a bit more complex.


My sister and I used to have so much fun playing Squeezed Out at my grandparents' house. It would make a great party game if you need something new for your next get-together.


And since Toy Story is the current favorite at our house, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Slinky Dog. He's just too cute!
I love the lack of electronics...all you need to use these toys is good old fashioned imagination. It's so hard to narrow down my favorites; there just are so many that we absolutely need at our house!

1 comment:

Emily Reese said...

Hey new blog! Love it.