Thursday, October 4, 2012

Halloween Hair Clips

This project came directly out of nowhere. I had every intention of making normal, everyday hair clips for Charlotte. The day I started the hair clip project was the same day we'd pulled the Halloween box out of storage, and somehow those pesky spiders snuck their way into my project.

For this project you'll need to grab some hot glue (not with your bare hands...ouch), ribbon, plastic spider or bat rings and a gaggle of naked alligator clips. Using the hot glue, cover the clips with ribbon. Then cut the critters off the plastic rings and glue 'em onto the clips. And you're done. Making them is easier than convincing your preschooler to wear them.


Doesn't she look overjoyed about wearing her new hair accessory? Good thing I didn't even attempt to comb her hair. ;)

Happy Crafting!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Cute!!
I love the foot ghost print by the way! I am def doing that this weekend with elle.

Barbara said...

They're super cute! But I don't think I could handle (even a plastic) spider on my head...I'd totally rock the bats.

katherine marie said...

ohhh I LOVE THEM!!! I've never met a hair clip I didn't love... but these are EXTRA EXTRA SWEET!!!